Fat clients boot but no internet on clinets...

Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) jonathan at ubuntu.com
Mon Feb 21 21:08:35 UTC 2011

Hi Jim

On 21/02/11 02:38 PM, Jim Christiansen wrote:
> Thank you Johnathon.  My students used your how to that I had come upon
> to do the ltsp install on 10.04.  It was your how to that told my
> students to apt-get openarena.  The how to looked good when I skimmed it
> so I just had them go through it on a new server they built.  Boy, did
> they have grins on their faces when I asked why openarena is installing!

Glad it worked! I recommend this one too:
http://jonathancarter.org/how-to-spell-jonathan/ :)

> I thought the nat ip_forward=1 was for systems with two nics.??  The
> ltsp server has only one nic and is inside the firewall at school, but
> clients seem to function well.

Indeed, it depends whether you want to use the server as a router and
how it gets its outside connection. I guess your students used the
school's router for the fat client machines. Good to hear that they're
learning and having fun!

-Jonathan