POV Atom/NVidia ION as a thin client

Asmo Koskinen asmo.koskinen at arkki.info
Tue Sep 15 21:34:47 BST 2009

So - I have a brand new Mythtv Frontend. Of course I tested it as a thin
client, too.

Intel Atom 330 - dualcore 1,6GHz
NVIDIA® ION™ GPU

http://www.pointofview-online.com/showroom.php?shop_mode=product_detail&product_id=97

My test environment is Stéphane Graber's LTSP-cluster - Root and
application servers are Jaunty based.

https://wiki.stgraber.org/LTSP-Cluster

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/edubuntu-devel/2009-September/003042.html

1.

Resolution was wrong (I use LCD 1680x1050): 1600x1200.

Here is log file from chroot:

http://www.arkki.info/howto/Wiki/LTSP5-Testausta/ION/Xorg.7.log

2.

I installed nvidia-glx-180 in chroot. My notes are here:

http://www.arkki.info/howto/Wiki/LTSP5-Testausta/ION/ION.txt

3.

Resolution was after that wrong (1600x1200), but NVidia drivers are there:

http://www.arkki.info/howto/Wiki/LTSP5-Testausta/ION/ION-nvidia_01.png

4.

I changed to CTRL-ALT-F1 and login as a root to the chroot and run
'nvidia-xconfig'

5.

When I logged again - X restarted - resolution was right one: 1680x1050.

http://www.arkki.info/howto/Wiki/LTSP5-Testausta/ION/ION-nvidia_02.png
http://www.arkki.info/howto/Wiki/LTSP5-Testausta/ION/ION-nvidia_03.png

Here is log file:

http://www.arkki.info/howto/Wiki/LTSP5-Testausta/ION/Xorg.7.log-nvidia

----

Now simple question: how I keep that right xorg.conf, after running
'nvidia-xconfig', because chroot loses it every time when thin client boots?

Best Regards Asmo Koskinen.