POV Atom/NVidia ION as a thin client

Asmo Koskinen asmo.koskinen at arkki.info
Wed Sep 16 02:16:21 BST 2009

Asmo Koskinen kirjoitti:

> Now simple question: how I keep that right xorg.conf, after running
> 'nvidia-xconfig', because chroot loses it every time when thin client boots?

Should this work in this kind of LTSP-cluster setup, when chroot
(/opt/ltsp/i386) is in another server than LDM/X?

Example for Asus Eee in ordinary LTSP setup.

[00:22:15:5C:D3:04]
X_CONF = /etc/X11/asus-eee-xorg.conf

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuLtspAsusEee

I tried that way, but no effect. Just running 'nvidia-xconfig' in thin
client root (CTRL-ALT-F1) helped.

Here is right one - xorg.conf for NVidia ION (nvidia-glx-180):
http://www.arkki.info/howto/Wiki/LTSP5-Testausta/ION/ion-xorg.conf

Where I should put that, when application server do not have
/opt/ltsp/i386 directory at all?

Best Regards Asmo Koskinen.