Sabayon not working in Hardy

Richard Doyle rdoyle at islandnetworks.com
Mon Mar 31 16:44:42 BST 2008

On Tue, 2008-04-01 at 03:58 +1300, Krsnendu dasa wrote:
> I have installed Hardy and Sabayon.
> The xnest window opens up and I make changes. I click save changes.
> The window closes. The changes are not saved.
>
> It seems Sabayon has been broken for a long time. Is it being
> maintained?
There is a mailing list:

> Is there an alternative Sabayon? I really would like to customize the
> gnome desktop for different users. Any suggestions.

> Has anyone tried edubuntu-menus? Sounds like it would do part of what
> I want.
As far as I can tell, edubuntu-menus was never implemented, but you can
do much of what it proposes with alacarte.

One thing to watch out for though, is that users can modify their own
menus via a right-click. Edubuntu actually uses a different menu editor
for this, named gmenu-simple-editor. If you lock down alacarte to keep
users from modifying their own menus, you must also lock down
gmenu-simple-editor.