SOLVED: howto force ltsp password change from Active Directory?

john lists.john at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 16:19:29 BST 2008

Hi all,

I figured out if If I added the following line to the top of
/etc/pam.d/common-password:

 password sufficient pam_winbind.so

Then I would get the change password chat on ltsp clients after
forcing users to "change password at next log in" via AD. Of course I
backed up my /etc/pam.d/common-password file before I did this, and
made sure I had a couple of terminal windows open as well.

I hope this helps someone else.

John