add Apps to computers without Internet

Uwe Geercken uwe.geercken at datamelt.com
Thu Feb 14 20:47:14 GMT 2008

hello justin,

I have the same problem. but I had a machine with good internet
access. so I created a mirror: I downloaded about 20GB of data from a
site and put it on an external disk I had. it contains all packages
from main, restricted, universe and multiverse repositories. then I
added following line to my /etc/apt/sources.list:

deb file:///media/edisk2/transfer/mirror/ gutsy main restricted
universe multiverse

now I can install almost any program on all clients without having to
go to the internet.

I have a good description of how to do this in details, but it is only
in german. but there is a lot of information on the net.

rgds,

uwe