add Apps to computers without Internet

Daniel J. Summers daniel at djs-consulting.com
Thu Feb 14 14:26:49 GMT 2008

Meckes, Justin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Forgive me if this was covered in an earlier post.  I scanned the archives but only found some complications in Bolivia for those without Internet.
>
> I'm looking to download Apps on one machine, copy them to a flash drive and take them to community centers all across my city.
>
> I didn't find the Apps on the File System and I'm unsure that I would be able to install copies of them if I did.  Any solutions?  Or will I be forced to bring each machine back to the main office when I want new educational games for the participants.

No - just download the .deb files for the applications you want, then
copy those to your flash drive.  On the target machine, open a terminal,
and run the following command...

sudo dpkg -i /path/to/flash/drive/programname.deb

If you have multiple packages that have to be installed (dependencies,
etc.), you can list more than one .deb file on the command.

--
Daniel J. Summers
Owner, DJS Consulting

GEEKCODE 3.12 GCS/IT d s-:+ a C++ L++ E--- W++ N++ o? K- w !O M--
V PS+ PE++ Y? !PGP t+ 5? X+ R* tv b+ DI++ D+ G- e h---- r+++ y++++