add Apps to computers without Internet

William Kinghorn WilliamK at dut.ac.za
Thu Feb 14 15:06:56 GMT 2008

Hi Justin,

If you want to do this on cd or dvd, use aptoncd which is in the repositories.

aptoncd

Installation disc creator for packages downloaded via APT
APT removable repository creator and package backup tool for Debian based
systems.

This tool will allow you to create a media (CD or DVD) to use to install
software via APT in a non-connected machine, as well upgrade and install
the same set of softwares in several machines with no need to re-download
the packages again.

For more information, visit http://aptoncd.sourceforge.net

William

>>>Meckes, Justin <Justin.Meckes at ci.raleigh.nc.us> 02/14/08 2:00 pm >>>
Hello,

Forgive me if this was covered in an earlier post.  I scanned the archives but only found some complications in Bolivia for those without Internet.

I'm looking to download Apps on one machine, copy them to a flash drive and take them to community centers all across my city.

I didn't find the Apps on the File System and I'm unsure that I would be able to install copies of them if I did.  Any solutions?  Or will I be forced to bring each machine back to the main office when I want new educational games for the participants.

Thank you,

Justin Meckes
Computer Program Director

Raleigh Parks and Recreation Department
820 Clay St.
Raleigh, NC 27605
Office Line:  919-831-6165
justin.meckes at ci.raleigh.nc.us

"E-mail correspondence to and from this address may be subject to the North Carolina  Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties by an authorized City or Law Enforcement official."