No subject

Sun Sep 23 21:42:57 BST 2007

1.  There might be problems with powernowd so I uninstalled it.  Still
freezing occurs.
2.  At one instance, it froze when I'm in the BIOS setup.  So I'm
thinking it is due to some corrupted BIOS settings.  I then tried to
reset the BIOS by removing the CMOS battery for about 30 minutes.
After this I was able to login to edubuntu.  And then, it froze again
after about 30 minutes or so.

I'm beginning to think its a hardware problem:
P4 HT processor
Asrock 775i65G motherboard
Powercolor ATI Radeon videocard

Still my quest for a solution continues....

cheers,

maning

--