Update to gutsy giving X server problem

Shishir Jha shishirjh at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 15:01:40 GMT 2007

Thank You Scott for your reply, turns out it was the color depth
problem that was giving us the problem. But one more question, even
with XMODE_0 set to 1024x768, certain clients boot in 800x600 while
others in 1024x768, i tried setting different modes in lts.conf, but
it doesnot work. So any pointers to what is the causing the similar
hardwares to screen different resolutions.
And yes as it seems, the ldm login screen appears to be in 1024x768
and then after the login is verified it goes to 800x600 and weirdly
into 832x628 in one of the clients.

Any suggestions is highly appreciated. Thank You

Shishir Jha
EPC 1970,GPO 8975,
KTM,NEPAL