Update to gutsy giving X server problem

Harry Sweet hsweet at gcsny.org
Tue Dec 11 15:23:53 GMT 2007

I think we had the same problems.  We got it to work by upgrading
a working 7.04 install.  It did not work from a clean install.

go figure.

>>> "Shishir Jha" <shishirjh at gmail.com> 12/7/2007 1:24 PM >>>
Hello,
I was till now using edubuntu 7.04 for my ltsp server but after going
through the recent reviews about 7.10 i thought of switching to it. Well
firstly the upgrade process was smooth, but then trouble, none of my clients
X server boot. They just do not boot. Just to make sure that all was right i
specifically tried i810 as xserver for the clients in the /var/lib/tftpboot
folder as instructed, still no X server after restarts. So I tried vesa, and
well it works in Vesa.
So, what suprises me is, why a perfectly working client in 7.04 has no
Xserver display in 7.10. Just so that you know the clients uses i810 chips,
and are old PIII(reused), using i810 in feisty.
Any help in this matter will be a great support for me, else i will revert
back to 7.04 until any solution else than VESA comes out.

Thank You, and hope you can enlighten me with the part that i am missing.

--
Shishir Jha
EPC 1970,GPO 8975,