pulseaudio: volume control ?

Philipp Hanselmann philipp at schoolnet.na
Fri Aug 17 08:02:32 BST 2007

Hi

I noticed that the preconfigured volume under Feisty is not loud enough
to hear the sound properly with  some  head phones.

To hear the sound properly I  have to configure the sound volume
*manually*. Until know there are 2 places where you can adjust the volume:

1.) locally login on the the client (CTRL-ALT-F1) and start alsamixer.

2.) on the normal login graphical login, with the command alsamixer.

Now is there a way or a command to adjust the volume to a higher level
automatically . In case yes, I will integrate this in the user login
scripts (/etc/profile).

Previous versions of ltsp had the possibility to adjust the sound volume
in lts.conf. But know with feisty, with comes with pulseaudio as default
sound server, these options disappaer! Additional I noticed that
pulseaudio has a option called module-volume-restore, which is may
useful to adjust the volume. The pulseaudio documentation mentioned that
the volume will be restored based on the settings of volume.table file.
But it's not mentioned how this file should look like and up to know I
couldn't find this file in Edubuntu?
I case I figure out how to set the volume on the client side, I will use
the lts.conf value LDM_REMOTECMD to execute these on the client side.

Can somebody help me with this?

Thanks,

Philipp

--
SchoolNet NA - Youth Empowerment through Information and Communication Technology

SchoolNet Namibia provides sustainable, low cost technology solutions and internet access, as well as technical support, training services and rich educational content to schools, community-based educational organisations, and educational practitioners throughout Namibia.

www.schoolnet.na

toll free number: 0800 005793

Philipp Hanselmann
philipp at schoolnet.na