Thin client hardware list- got it.. next question?

Gavin McCullagh gmccullagh at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 21:26:59 BST 2006

Hi,

On Wed, 09 Aug 2006, Vern Graner wrote:

> Ok, so a bunch of googling later, I found some LTSP compatible
> workstations for sale here:
>
> http://www.disklessworkstations.com/
>
> does anyone know if these will work with edubuntu, or is th LTSP in
> edubuntu "special" in some fashion?

You're not looking for anything special at all.  What you need is an i386
family pc which has:

  - standard PXE network booting
  - >= 64MB RAM
  - Pentium 2 or above
  - supported video chipset

You might get away with lower spec, but this minimum should work. A "Wyse
Winterm" would work if it really is one of the above but I don't know
anything about them (some of these run WinCE from a ROM chip).  As I
understand it, one of these should do the job admirably:

	http://ztechshop.net/computers/sub-100/

I haven't tested these though so don't come suing me if they don't :-)