Just the beginning of the Grow Edubuntu page...

Jordan Mantha laserjock at ubuntu.com
Sun Jul 26 04:38:01 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jul 25, 2009 at 7:14 PM, Ace Suares<ace at suares.an> wrote:
> Jordan Mantha wrote:
>> On Sat, Jul 25, 2009 at 3:47 PM, Ace Suares<ace at suares.an> wrote:
>>> https://wiki.edubuntu.org/Edubuntu/WikiSite/GrowEdubuntu
<snip>
> So, what is the goal of the wiki homepage !?
>
> I thought
>  - make clear where you are - the dev wiki (of Edubuntu)

yep

>  - get the wrong users off the site as quick as possible (your
> suggestion, now implemented)

yep

>  - *** make sure new people are attracted to join the dev/doc/art/etc
> teams ***

yep, I think this is one of the most important aspects. If we can I'd
like to get this on the homepage

>  - and maybe a couple of quicklinks for people that know what they are
> looking for.

yeah, the wiki is for developers and so it should be developer-friendly as well

> What's your idea about the goal of the homepage?
>
> I never read specs. I have no idea of their function and goal. In the
> same list are specs that are implemented, never approved, etc etc
>
> Why would a new developer look for a spec list !?

Spec define major chunks of Edubuntu development. Approved specs that
haven't been implemented yet are *prime* targets for a new
contributor. Additionally, the specs for the current devel release is
how we can track Edubuntu development and a great way to do status
tracking. I wish we could get a bit better as a volunteer community at
doing specs.

-Jordan