Edubuntu wiki triaging project

Jordan Mantha laserjock at ubuntu.com
Sun Jul 26 06:11:02 UTC 2009

HI all,

Ace and I were talking about his project working on the Edubuntu
development wiki. Ace is leading the charge kickin' some wiki butt.
Here's the general plan we came up with:

1) https://wiki.ubuntu.com/EdubuntuWikiCleanupEffort is the central
point for listing triaged pages
2) pages that are possibles for removal should get the
CategoryEdubuntuProposedForRemoval flag added
3) Edubuntu specs should get the CategoryEdubuntuSpec flag added
4) Pages that need to get updated (are for wrong release, etc. should
be flaged (not sure we have a category for that one yet)
5) Redirects should get CategoryRedirect added

I think that's maybe it for now. Anything else?

So the idea is that Ace and anybody else who wants to help out will go
through the big number (250+) wiki pages and triage them according to
the above. They don't have to actually fix stuff necessarily. The
Edubuntu devs (myself, Scott, Jonathan, etc. ) will go through the
triaged pages and sign of on deletions, etc. just to provide some
"expert" knowledge on what content can go and what we need to keep.

I think this would be a great way for people to get involved and hope
we can get a clean wiki out of it.

-Jordan