Just the beginning of the Grow Edubuntu page...

Ace Suares ace at suares.an
Sun Jul 26 02:14:41 UTC 2009

Jordan Mantha wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 25, 2009 at 3:47 PM, Ace Suares<ace at suares.an> wrote:
>> https://wiki.edubuntu.org/Edubuntu/WikiSite/GrowEdubuntu
>
> Hmm, do we need a whole separate page for "Grow Edubuntu"? I was
> thinking that the homepage would rather point to relevant primary
> development pages such as a spec list page, an artwork development
> page, a documentation development page, etc.
>
> I think maybe we can point to the mailing lists and IRC perhaps in the
> header or footer.
>
> -Jordan

So, what is the goal of the wiki homepage !?

I thought
  - make clear where you are - the dev wiki (of Edubuntu)
  - get the wrong users off the site as quick as possible (your
suggestion, now implemented)
  - *** make sure new people are attracted to join the dev/doc/art/etc
teams ***
  - and maybe a couple of quicklinks for people that know what they are
looking for.

What's your idea about the goal of the homepage?

I never read specs. I have no idea of their function and goal. In the
same list are specs that are implemented, never approved, etc etc

Why would a new developer look for a spec list !?

ace