rdp and sound

David Trask dtrask at vcsvikings.org
Thu Mar 22 01:26:19 UTC 2007

Unfortunately, for now the news is not great...the problem is (in laymen's
terms) that Linux grabs your soundcard and won't let go.  It will not
allow multiple connections to the device (I'm simplifying here).  There
are new things in the wings that will hopefully allow that to happen and
some of them may be available with Feisty Fawn (due out on April 19th)
I'm not sure in Edubuntu, but if you are running in an LTSP environment it
is possible to sort of have your cake and eat it too.  Unfortunately
there's some decisions to be made on your part.

This thread may help give you some insight...and I'll poke around some
more for some of the other conversations for you to research

https://www.redhat.com/archives/k12osn/2006-September/msg00369.html