edubuntu/ubuntu install problems

A. Wilder ummiof4 at comcast.net
Sat Sep 23 08:52:19 UTC 2006

Hi,
I just downloaded edubuntu on one computer, and loved it! Then I tried to put it on my main computer, and the computer freezes.Right after I select the keyboard type, it says something about hardware from cd drive, then nothing, just a blue screen w/ gray at the bottom. I tried another cd and the same thing. I then tried ubuntu to see if i could get that to work, and it began to install some files (can't rememer the names - accross from those names read 'ok'), then it returned to the previous screen that said something like "Ok ******* the kernel. Underneath that read something about timing out, and repeated every few minutes.

What am I doing wrong? When I installed on my other computer I did not have any problems at all. The roblem computer has 512mb ram 40gb hard drive and I have a broadband internet connection. Please help!!!

Sanaa