[Fwd: Re: Edubuntu: Gallium vs. Kalzium]

Edward Holcroft edward at netday.org.za
Sun Oct 1 14:33:47 UTC 2006

!
> i was voting for having kdeedu in edubuntu from the beginning and was
> fighting for having the best of both worlds on our CD (even though i
> moan about every app i have to drop with every new release due to the
> space constraints this gives us) but that mail attack from the kde side
> against me personally (about a tech problem we try to solve) starts
> really making me reconsider my opinion here.

Are you saying that because of these mails you will show those kdeedu
guys? What kind of silly threat is that? This is an emotive terrain as
any project lead should know. Your role in this type of issue is to
quell flame wars if they become unhealthy, not intensify them with
threats of "reconsidering your opinion". It serves only to polarise the
community still further in what is in any case a storm in a tea cup. Or
perhaps you have been waiting for just such an opportunity to create a
catalyst for your intentions? Perhaps you can clarify your meaning
behind such an inflammatory statement, since you are indeed in a strong
position to exclude an app from Edubuntu.

... on the other hand, how about the DVD/multiple CD version of Edubuntu
that some of us have been calling for since day one of this list. Then
there'd be space for so many more great apps. That's what this argument
should bring about in my view.

cheers
ed