New version of Karoshi

linuxgirlie linuxgirlie at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 12:28:43 UTC 2006

Oh, Ok, I think I know where I have gone wrong, to make the system seem
easier for users we gave each server a name for example the PDC is called
Xen, these names where given before we even knew about the Xen virtual
server stuff, so this might confuse people a little. I have also done some
very bad grammar, for example, I wrote:

When a user logs into the network their username and password are
authenticated by Xen. Once authenticated, Xen passes the login script to the
client computer, which gives the user their network connections
automatically.

When in fact I should of wrote:

When a user logs into the network their username and password are
authenticated by Samba. Once authenticated, the PDC passes the login script
to the client computer, which gives the user their network connections
automatically.

I tried to keep things to the computer names and not the service names as it
starts to get confusing for newbie users, they start saying what is Samba or
what is WinBind etc etc instead of going oh, thats the same as my PDC at the
moment does, I tried to keep it simple but may of gone to far.

I will look into having to re-write these descriptions. Are there anything
else that makes the project look LOW quality, I am trying to promote this to
UK schools, and any hints or tips would be welcome.

Jo

--
Please do not send me Microsoft Office attachments.

Karoshi: http://www.karoshi.org.uk
Karoshi at Home: http://www.karoshiathome.org.uk