Please re-instate me as a direct member of ~motu

Robie Basak robie.basak at ubuntu.com
Tue Dec 12 08:48:18 UTC 2023

On Mon, Dec 11, 2023 at 06:59:08PM -0300, Lucas Kanashiro wrote:
> Em 11/12/2023 18:36, Sebastien Bacher escreveu:
> >Hey Simon,
> >
> >I've no problem having you added directly to the motu team but it does
> >raise the question of consistency. Checking the ~motu members I see some
> >coredev directly listed, including DMB members like Ɓukasz and Robie so I
> >do wonder if there is any standard practice there ... do other DMB members
> >have some input on the topic?
>
> They are there because they applied to become a MOTU developer before
> becoming a core-dev. With that info we can at least keep history of the
> upload rights of a developer, not sure how relevant that is TBH. In my
> personal opinion, it doesn't matter. If being part of the ~motu is important
> to Simon, I'd add him. Keep our contributors happy and motivated is what
> matters.

Your analysis of how this happens is correct. I'm not aware of any[1]
functional effect of the requested change - now or in the future.
Therefore I agree and I'm happy to re-add Simon for his sentimental
reasons. I see that Brian's already done this.

There have been other different but related requests where there would
be a functional difference. I think those need to be considered
differently because of whatever functional effect those requests would
have. But this request doesn't, so I think it's fine :)

Robie

[1] I suppose expiry and renewal times will end up staggered which would
affect the timing of lapsing memberships but that doesn't seem
significant enough to care about.