Refreshing the packagesets before the release and how?

Sebastien Bacher seb128 at ubuntu.com
Wed Apr 6 15:17:55 UTC 2022

Hey there,

I got pinged by some ~ubuntu-desktop members asking why some of the new
GNOME package were missing of the set which made me go and read again
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DeveloperMembershipBoard/KnowledgeBase#Packagesets
but now I've some questions

1. Do we have any record of when the last refresh was done?

2. Should we do one before the release to ensure permissions reflect the
reality of the archive?

3. I did checkout lp:~developer-membership-board/+git/packageset , read
the README. I don't really feel like I understand the steps from the
description but I decided to give it a try anyway and started by doing

$ make fetch
make: fetch.sh: No such file or directory
make: *** [Makefile:14: fetch] Error 127

That's a on current serie ubunu-desktop environment, unsure if I did
something wrong or I'm missing some depends or if the code needs to be
fixed. Could someone who has more experience refreshing the set tell me
if I'm on the right track at least?

Thanks,
Sebastien