use of private DMB IRC channel

Sebastien Bacher seb128 at ubuntu.com
Tue Apr 5 08:33:41 UTC 2022

Hey Lukasz,

Le 05/04/2022 à 10:10, Lukasz Zemczak a écrit :
> The only uses it had so far was more of like a coordination use,
> as this was the place where (at least previously) all DMB members were
> easily accessible. So when we wanted to discuss like some chairing
> situation, or send a reminder to everyone, it was easier.
Thanks for adding some context. I was thinking about that when I replied
earlier, adding some though

- having a place to contact the group, drop notes and ask questions is
nice but IRC doesn't do a great job unless everyone use a proxy to stay
connected and have the backlog which isn't the case (I wish the Ubuntu
community would move to something more modern like mattermost but that's
another topic...)

- coordination and questions would probably be fine on a public channel

I think the mailing list is probably the best place at this time to
reach out

Cheers,
Sebastien