use of private DMB IRC channel

Lukasz Zemczak lukasz.zemczak at canonical.com
Tue Apr 5 08:10:00 UTC 2022

I think it's good that we're striving to be more open in how we make
decisions, so I wouldn't mind if the private DMB channel is closed
down. The only uses it had so far was more of like a coordination use,
as this was the place where (at least previously) all DMB members were
easily accessible. So when we wanted to discuss like some chairing
situation, or send a reminder to everyone, it was easier. But nowadays
there was only a few of us there anyway, and we can always use other
means for such coordination tasks.

I also can't remember why the channel has been created in the first
place. I have no strong opinions here, but since I don't mind either
way I'm +1 on closing it down if others feel the same.

Cheers,