use of private DMB IRC channel

Lucas Kanashiro kanashiro at ubuntu.com
Tue Apr 5 12:47:37 UTC 2022

Hi,

Em 05/04/2022 05:33, Sebastien Bacher escreveu:
> Hey Lukasz,
>
> Le 05/04/2022 à 10:10, Lukasz Zemczak a écrit :
>> The only uses it had so far was more of like a coordination use,
>> as this was the place where (at least previously) all DMB members were
>> easily accessible. So when we wanted to discuss like some chairing
>> situation, or send a reminder to everyone, it was easier.
> Thanks for adding some context. I was thinking about that when I
> replied earlier, adding some though
>
> - having a place to contact the group, drop notes and ask questions is
> nice but IRC doesn't do a great job unless everyone use a proxy to
> stay connected and have the backlog which isn't the case (I wish the
> Ubuntu community would move to something more modern like mattermost
> but that's another topic...)
>
> - coordination and questions would probably be fine on a public channel
>
> I think the mailing list is probably the best place at this time to
> reach out

I became aware of this private IRC channel when going through the
knowledge base wiki page [1]. I already did use it yesterday to make
sure I was correctly doing the task assigned to me but it could
definitely be done elsewhere. I also have no strong opinion about this
private IRC channel, so it is fine if the other members want to close
it, but which channel would be more appropriate to ask quick DMB related
questions? Would it be #ubuntu-devel? For some things a mailing list
post seems too much.

Cheers!

[1]
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DeveloperMembershipBoard/KnowledgeBase#Checklist_after_a_DMB_election