suggested ML reading for new board members

Dan Streetman ddstreet at ieee.org
Mon Apr 4 21:30:16 UTC 2022

In case any new board members have not been previously following the
devel-permissions mailing list, I would suggest reading through the
administrative discussions for the past year - there really isn't that
much to go through, and it may be enlightening to provide context for
current DMB discussions.

For reference the archive is:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/devel-permissions/

In particular, here are the two recent longer administrative
discussions threads:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/devel-permissions/2021-August/001726.html
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/devel-permissions/2021-August/001728.html

however they do span multiple months and i'm not sure if those links
cover all the discussion, so it may be easier to simply start in Aug
and read the threads that are interesting from there on.
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/devel-permissions/2021-August/thread.html

Also re: finding a new meeting time that works best for all members
(including new members), it may be useful for new members to review my
previous attempt at rescheduling:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/devel-permissions/2021-October/001755.html

Finally, I debated if I should include this, but decided to since 1)
it's public information and 2) it may help provide useful context to
new board members (though maybe they are already aware). In any case,
this thread on the TB ML may be useful to read:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/technical-board/2022-February/002600.html