Rescheduling regular DMB meeting day/time

Robie Basak robie.basak at ubuntu.com
Mon Nov 8 22:53:00 UTC 2021

On Mon, Nov 08, 2021 at 05:37:32PM -0500, Dan Streetman wrote:
> If any board members specifically object to the day/time I've
> proposed, please speak up; otherwise I'll reschedule next week's
> meeting to that time, as well as all future scheduled meetings.

I can generally do 1700 UTC during winter. For summer, I don't think
I'll be available at that time.

I did try and put together a list of available times, but it essentially
became just the current meeting schedule because over the years I've
adjusted my other commitments around it. But if we do pick a different
time, I'll try to accomodate.

I don't think it's OK to change the meeting times on a "nobody objects"
principle. Especially with the new rule on expelling members due to
non-attendance, if you additionally change the meeting time to a time
that some member can now never attend, you'd effectively be expelling
some DMB members through no fault of theirs. I think you at least need
an absolute majority vote from existing DMB members.