Rescheduling regular DMB meeting day/time

Dan Streetman ddstreet at canonical.com
Mon Nov 8 22:37:32 UTC 2021

The preferred schedules we have so far are:

ddstreet:
Tues, 13:00-14:00 and 18:00-22:00
Wed, 13:00-15:00 and 18:00-22:00
Thurs, 13:00-14:00 and 18:00-20:00

rafaeldtinoco:
Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri: from 16:00 to 19:00

teward:
Mon, 16:00-18:00
Tues, 17:00-?
Wed, Thurs, Fri: 16:00-?

sil2100:
agreeable to any days/times decided by the rest of the board

With the intention of this thread being to come up with days/times
that will allow the most number of board members to attend, I propose
we eliminate the "alternating time" meetings and just stick to a
single day/time that works best for the board. That also implies that
we're placing additional burden on candidates who don't normally
overlap with whatever time slot we choose, meaning we should make the
board more available to by-request meeting times and/or mailing list
applications.

With all that in mind, I propose we retain the fortnightly schedule on
the same weeks, but change to Wed at 17:00 UTC. (I realize that's
outside my stated preferred hours, but I'll just have to eat lunch
during the meeting).

That specific timeslot is mid-day for the AMER region, and
late-but-hopefully-not-too-late for the EMEA region.

Does any board member have a specific conflict with this day/time? If
not, I propose we move next week's meeting to that day/time, and
schedule all future meetings at that day/time.

In addition, I've added a 'AOB' agenda item to discuss making it
easier for applicants to schedule a custom meeting time and/or apply
via email.

If any board members specifically object to the day/time I've
proposed, please speak up; otherwise I'll reschedule next week's
meeting to that time, as well as all future scheduled meetings.