Proposition to convert Dave Jones PPU rights list to a raspi packageset - vote

Robie Basak robie.basak at ubuntu.com
Mon Mar 29 10:43:30 UTC 2021

Hi Lukasz!

On Mon, Mar 29, 2021 at 12:33:34PM +0200, Lukasz Zemczak wrote:
> The description of the packageset would be something in the likes of
> "Packages related to the support of the Raspberry Pi devices on
> Ubuntu".

Can I suggest "Packages specific to the support of the Raspberry Pi
devices on Ubuntu" instead? This would restrict the packageset to things
that don't overlap with non-Pi packages. The reason is that I'd be more
comfortable giving developers this set, rather than a set that is much
wider in scope.

Would this narrower description be practical for the additional packages
Dave expects to need to add?

Looking at Dave's current PPU list, only u-boot and flash-kernel perhaps
don't fit that description as they're used on other platforms as well.
In Dave's case, we could leave him with PPU for those, and move the
others to the packageset.

Robie