[packageset] Please add an ubuntu-desktop exception for gnome-shell and gnome-control-center

Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre mathieu.tl at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 13:35:04 UTC 2019

On Tue, Jun 25, 2019 at 4:34 AM Iain Lane <laney at ubuntu.com> wrote:

[...]
> laney at nightingale> edit-acl -s gnome-shell -S eoan query
> == All uploaders for package 'gnome-shell' ==
> Archive Upload Rights for ubuntu-desktop-extra-dev: archive 'primary', package set 'desktop-extra' in eoan
> Archive Upload Rights for ubuntu-mozilla-uploaders: archive 'primary', package set 'mozilla' in eoan
> Archive Upload Rights for ubuntu-core-dev: archive 'primary', component 'main' in eoan
>
> desktop-extra is not formally definedĀ¹. I'm too lazy to go look up the
> history, but my memory is that it was basically for Ubuntu GNOME either
> before it existed or before it would have been able to have an
> auto-generated packageset. It was supposed to cover the "universe" of
> GNOME packages. This seems clearly obsolete to me now that Shell is part

I'll have a look; it's "fairly well" defined, in that it depends on
the seeds like the others; but I'll have to look at the specifics to
remember.
> I honestly have no recollection of the mozilla packageset, but AFAICS

[...]
> Chris will be using those rights when uploading the included packages
> since he isn't a core-dev.

Yeah, we're not changing that. mozilla will keep working normally.

> Why isn't gnome-shell in ubuntu-desktop? I think this is due to the 'no
> sharing with Kubuntu' ruleĀ² causing it to be excluded transitively via
> screen-resolution-extra. If that's right, it seems incidental to me.
> This package is maintained by the Desktop team, and so I think an

It might well be. I thought I had added an exception because I noticed
some of these obviously desktop packages were ending up in the wrong
packageset. I think the net effect is that right now they must have
ended up in 'desktop-core', and I had figured it was sufficient (based
on other packages that also end up there). I can rearrange them.

Regards,

Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre <mathieu.tl at gmail.com>
Freenode: cyphermox, Jabber: mathieu.tl at gmail.com
4096R/65B58DA1 818A D123 0992 275B 23C2  CF89 C67B B4D6 65B5 8DA1