Core Dev Application - Questions/Voting Thread

Balint Reczey balint.reczey at canonical.com
Thu Sep 14 15:01:15 UTC 2017

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 12:17 PM, Lukasz Zemczak
<lukasz.zemczak at canonical.com> wrote:
> As for me, I'm basically ready to vote. Of course, I'd prefer to see
> one more endorsement (like from Matt for instance, as he was
> sponsoring some of his uploads), but from my POV it's not required as
> I know Balint's skill-set well. And I'd also like to see Balint's
> answer to your question Brian.

Sorry for the late reply.

> Cheers,
>
> On 11 September 2017 at 22:42, Brian Murray <brian at canonical.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 01:58:18PM +0200, Balint Reczey wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> As I mentioned in my other email I'd like to switch to applying via email.
>>>
>>> My application wiki page:
>>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BalintReczey/CoreDeveloperApplication
>>
>> Your application points to one SRU upload, have you done any others?

Yes, I did LP: #1690440, too, for example, but I did not do a lot.

>> Additionally, can the developer who uploaded an SRU perform the
>> verification of it once the package has landed in -proposed?

Yes, while ideally someone else should perform the verification to
avoid systematic mistakes.

In the SRU I mentioned on my application page I incorrectly stated
that i did not count, I should have written that i did count but
someone else should have checked, too:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/sudo/+bug/1686803/comments/14

Cheers,
Balint