Core Dev Application - Questions/Voting Thread

Robie Basak robie.basak at ubuntu.com
Mon Sep 18 08:28:01 UTC 2017

Hi Balint,

On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 01:58:18PM +0200, Balint Reczey wrote:
> As I mentioned in my other email I'd like to switch to applying via email.

I feel that your application is particularly thin on demonstration of
knowledge of Ubuntu-specific processes, particularly as you're applying
directly for core dev with your first upload to Ubuntu being only six
months ago and with only two endorsements both of whom are on your team
at Canonical.

I realise that others on your team may know you better and thus have
more out-of-band knowledge in considering your application, which is
fine. For me though, I think that your application as written falls
short of general expectations.

Can you get further endorsements that cover your understanding of
Ubuntu's processes and development culture please, or alternatively is
there anything else that you can show that can demonstrate this
understanding?

As an aside, did you upstream your upload in
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/akonadi/+bug/1709726, or is
there some reason that it was not applicable to do so?

Thanks,

Robie