Tracking DMB->TB admin requests

Robie Basak robie.basak at ubuntu.com
Tue Nov 22 12:20:26 UTC 2016

Hello!

Please can we have a process to make sure DMB ACL changes requested from
the TB get done?

IMHO, we've had some delays getting changes approved by the DMB
implemented where they require (mechanical) TB action. These are PPU ACL
changes as well as the creation of packagesets.

infinity is the only person on both boards. I appreciate his input and
presence on the DMB when needed as a senior representative. But we know
that he's generally busy wearing all of his other hats. In practice this
means that DMB requests slide, which is bad for newly approved
applicants who get blocked.

And then the DMB have to follow up, which we're bad at too.

Can we have a process for tracking in-flight requests? We could provide
the edit-acl commands to run. I'd like a system where we throw things in
at one end, and you do them at the other end, without manual followups
which slow things down. Perhaps you could have an agenda item to check
and run any outstanding changes from wherever we agree that the DMB
should put them?

I started filing "community bugs" to see if that might work[1][2], but in
hindsight this probably isn't the right place.

Some options:

1) One bug per request. But against what project, with what tags, etc?

2) Request by PGP-signed email to technical-board@ and add individual
references to the TB meeting agenda so that they get tracked by being
turned into actions.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Robie