Tracking DMB->TB admin requests

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Tue Nov 22 16:35:10 UTC 2016

On Tue, Nov 22, 2016 at 12:20:26PM +0000, Robie Basak wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Please can we have a process to make sure DMB ACL changes requested from
> the TB get done?
>
> IMHO, we've had some delays getting changes approved by the DMB
> implemented where they require (mechanical) TB action. These are PPU ACL
> changes as well as the creation of packagesets.
>
> infinity is the only person on both boards. I appreciate his input and
> presence on the DMB when needed as a senior representative. But we know
> that he's generally busy wearing all of his other hats. In practice this
> means that DMB requests slide, which is bad for newly approved
> applicants who get blocked.
>
> And then the DMB have to follow up, which we're bad at too.
>
> Can we have a process for tracking in-flight requests? We could provide
> the edit-acl commands to run. I'd like a system where we throw things in
> at one end, and you do them at the other end, without manual followups
> which slow things down. Perhaps you could have an agenda item to check
> and run any outstanding changes from wherever we agree that the DMB
> should put them?
>
> I started filing "community bugs" to see if that might work[1][2], but in
> hindsight this probably isn't the right place.
>
> Some options:
>
> 1) One bug per request. But against what project, with what tags, etc?
>
> 2) Request by PGP-signed email to technical-board@ and add individual
> references to the TB meeting agenda so that they get tracked by being
> turned into actions.

I'd say, just send us a PGP-signed e-mail to the mailing-list with the
list of edit-acl commands you want us to run.

We are pretty good at reading e-mails and since we all have access to
the command, surely one of us will process this within minutes/hours.

I don't think you really need to add an agenda item since we do have a
standing item to look for things we forgot on our mailing-list :)

--
Stéphane Graber
Ubuntu developer