Issue with packageset personal-gunnarhj

Gunnar Hjalmarsson gunnarhj at ubuntu.com
Mon Nov 21 19:42:00 UTC 2016

Hi!

On 2016-11-21 19:05, Robie Basak wrote:
> Hi Gunnar,
>
> On Wed, Nov 16, 2016 at 12:02:06PM +0100, Gunnar Hjalmarsson wrote:
>> Is there any chance my packageset could be extended to include xenial?
>
> Packagesets (and PPU I believe) are per-release. Presumably this is
> because things might change over source package renames or something.
>
> So personal-gunnarhj doesn't actually exist for Xenial, and thus I can't
> add anything to it.
>
> We can ask the TB to add it though, and then I can populate it. Do you
> think it's worth the effort - are you mainly expecting to upload to
> Xenial or to eg. the development release?

Yes, I think it would be worth it. Most of my contributions are bug
fixes, and often (too often) SRUing of fixes is motivated. Xenial is
probably sufficient, though.

I have never encountered this with the packages for which I have PPU
rights, so I suspect that PPUs are per package rather than per release.
That's why I was surprised by the rejection for xenial. (And for that
reason it would be good if you don't drop my explicit PPU rights for now.)

TIA

/ Gunnar