Breezy hacking day report

Saša Janiška gour at atmarama.com
Wed Mar 28 12:25:30 UTC 2018

"Martin (gzlist)" <gzlist at googlemail.com> writes:

Hello Martin,

> Jelmer has made good progress on foreign branch support over the last
> weeks, which I've not kept up with reviewing. Friday night went over
> all the pending branches and landed most, leaving a few of the bigger
> branches to deal with on Saturday.

Does the current work resemble this:

http://wiki.bazaar.canonical.com/ForeignBranches?

> All but a handful of the several thousand format tests in Breezy now
> pass against the Git format as implemented by brz-git.

That's nice to hear since one of the brz usage for me is contributing to
the Git(hub) projects.

> We also landed several large branches for improving Python 3 support.
> Gradually building up the number of tests that pass there, and added
> support for our CI to run both versions. So far, we've been making
> sure the tests always pass on 2.7 but only checking 3.X manually.

Afaik, you're waiting for Python 3 support before a new release, but
just wonder if you have any rought ETA for it?

All in all I do believe there is scope for VCS which 'devs can love'
and, let's not forget coders are not the only people which should put
stuff under VCS.

All the best!

Sincerely,
Gour

--
As a blazing fire turns firewood to ashes, O Arjuna, so does the
fire of knowledge burn to ashes all reactions to material activities.