Breezy hacking day report

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at debian.org
Fri Mar 30 16:10:18 UTC 2018

On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 02:25:30PM +0200, Saša Janiška wrote:
> "Martin (gzlist)" <gzlist at googlemail.com> writes:
> > Jelmer has made good progress on foreign branch support over the last
> > weeks, which I've not kept up with reviewing. Friday night went over
> > all the pending branches and landed most, leaving a few of the bigger
> > branches to deal with on Saturday.
>
> Does the current work resemble this:
>
> http://wiki.bazaar.canonical.com/ForeignBranches?

Are you asking what the status is of foreign branch support for
various formats in Breezy? At the moment the only supported
formats are the Bazaar formats and the Git format (through brz-git).

> > We also landed several large branches for improving Python 3 support.
> > Gradually building up the number of tests that pass there, and added
> > support for our CI to run both versions. So far, we've been making
> > sure the tests always pass on 2.7 but only checking 3.X manually.
>
> Afaik, you're waiting for Python 3 support before a new release, but
> just wonder if you have any rought ETA for it?

This is very hard to predict; we're both working on Breezy in our spare
time. If you're interested in helping out, we're happy to provide
pointers.

Jelmer

--
Jelmer Vernooij <jelmer at jelmer.uk>