line selection operations for breezy/bazaar

John Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Sun Mar 11 12:03:46 UTC 2018

The general recommendation with Bazaar is to use shelve to remove the
pieces you want to back out, and then test what you are actually
committing. The staging area of Git is interesting, but it *isn't* what you
are compiling/running which means you aren't actually testing the commit.
It is the inverse operation (instead of staging just what you want to
commit, you shelve just what you want to omit), but it makes it both easier
to know that your commit is correct, and gives equivalent results.