Xcode: bzr & git...

Michael Andronov ma5645 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 20:41:49 UTC 2012

Hi,
Let me explain briefly my challenge:

Our small group started to use Xcode actively with the projects, which have
been under bzr control.

Xcode seems to support git natively. ( With no apparent trace to set it up
to use bzr).

I search bzr documentation and got impression that there are several
approaches to use bzr & git together.
But I got lost in details -- what is current status, what is working, what
is not...

For example, my first 'naive' approach -- with bzr 2.5.1 on OSX ML - was to
use --git flag,
"
bp:test michael$ bzr init --git
Created a standalone tree (format: git)
mbp:test michael$ bzr add test.txt
adding test.txt
mbp:test michael$ bzr commit -m "test"
Committing to: /Volumes/Users/michael/test/

added test.txt
bzr: ERROR: bzrlib.errors.NoSuchRevision:
LocalGitRepository('file:///Volumes/Users/michael/test/') has no revision
mandronov at vmware.com-20121210203337-qbhad4cub1gkr3gm
"

Is there a 'common practice' to use bzr & git together? Under Xcode?
( At this point I have no intention to 'abandon' bzr and to migrate to
git...).

Thanks.
Michael.