colocated branches support

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Mon Dec 10 14:35:11 UTC 2012

Hi Mats,

On Mon, 2012-12-10 at 07:24 -0700, Wichmann, Mats D wrote:
> Pardon for what's perhaps a basic question, but...
>
> how far did the implementation of colocated branches get in bzr 2.5?
> I did some experiments with the plugin based implementation in 2.4
> (bzr colo) but then didn't swing back around to try with 2.5.
> Is this stuff well documented?  What happens to the colo plugin?
>
> The release notes are not exactly verbose on the topic:
>
> "The 2.5 series provides a faster smart protocol implementation for
> many operations, basic support for colocated branches"
The Bazaar API has support for colocated branches in 2.5, but not much
of it is exposed to the user yet.

bzr.dev has some more improvements for colocated branches, including
some user-visible ones, but not to the extent that they are usable in
production.  This is incompatible with bzr-colo.

Cheers,

Jelmer