New user problems

Neil Martinsen-Burrell nmb at wartburg.edu
Tue Jul 17 01:03:59 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 4:36 PM, Bosco Rama <bzr at boscorama.com> wrote:

>> I'm still no further ahead on this one.  Anybody have any insights?
>
> Still nothing.  It appears that the plugin is trying to access
> a 'private' variable of the filters registry class but that's about
> as far as my Python goes.  I'm surprised I'm the only person seeing
> this problem.  Is this a version clash for the keywords plugin between
> the PPA bzr (2.5.0-2) and the current release?
>
> Am I asking in the right place?  There doesn't seem to be a lot of
> traffic in this list.

You are in the right place.  It appears that the latest version of
bzr-keywords from launchpad (revision 20) uses
bzrlib.filters.filter_stack_registry which was added to bzrlib.filters
after version 2.5.0.  If you need to use Bazaar version 2.5.0, then
you should use revision 19 of the bzr-keywords plugin.

If you remind me where you are installing your plugins from, I can
tell you exactly how to get that revision.  (It may be as simple as
"bzr revert -r 19" if you have a branch of the bzr-keywords plugin.)
If you are getting this plugin from the same PPA where you got
bzr-2.5.0, then this is a bug with the inconsistent versions in the
PPA and you should file a bug report.

I have submitted a merge proposal
https://code.launchpad.net/~nmb/bzr-keywords/after-2.6/+merge/115257
to improve the documentation of bzr-keywords to that effect.

-Neil