Something like "darcs record" / "hg record" == Select changes to commit.

Ben Finney ben+bazaar at benfinney.id.au
Sat Jun 2 04:42:50 UTC 2012

"Daniel Carrera" <dcarrera at hush.com> writes:

> The way I like to work, I regularly make changes that I feel should be
> in different commits. For example, while I'm testing a piece of code I
> might add various changes to the code comments or might fix a minor
> unrelated bug. What I want to do is run a command that shows me all
> the changes I've made, either one at a time or with a curses
> interface, so I can select the ones that belong in this commit.

You will then be committing a state of the working tree which never
existed on disk. How have you tested that this state of the working tree
is correct?

> This is a feature I really like, and as far as I've been able to
> ascertain, Bazaar does not seem to have it.

Because of the above issue, I think Bazaar should not have the behaviour
you describe.

Instead, it's best IMO to be committing changes as they actually exist
in your working tree. Using ‘bzr shelve’ to bring the working tree into
a state that you can run your tests on it first is the correct approach,
I think.

--
 \     “We must become the change we want to see.” —Mohandas K. Gandhi |
Ben Finney