Something like "darcs record" / "hg record" == Select changes to commit.

Daniel Carrera dcarrera at hush.com
Fri Jun 1 22:19:35 UTC 2012

Hello,

The way I like to work, I regularly make changes that I feel should be in different commits. For example, while I'm testing a piece of code I might add various changes to the code comments or might fix a minor unrelated bug. What I want to do is run a command that shows me all the changes I've made, either one at a time or with a curses interface, so I can select the ones that belong in this commit. Darcs does this naturally. Mercurial has two plugins: "record" and "crecord" (the latter one uses curses). If I recall correctly, git does something similar with the "-p" flag.

This is a feature I really like, and as far as I've been able to ascertain, Bazaar does not seem to have it. I am aware of the "shelve" command, but I would much rather do something like what I just described to you.

Is there a way (maybe through a plugin) to get Bazaar to let me choose changes to commit interactively? Btw, my favourite option is the "crecord" plugin from Mercurial.

Cheers,
Daniel.
--
Linux: Because rebooting is for installing hardware.