Call for testing of colocated branch support in bzr.dev

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Fri Jan 20 14:34:27 UTC 2012

On 01/20/2012 03:30 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 12:57:03 +0100
>> From: Jelmer Vernooij<jelmer at samba.org>
>> CC: bazaar<bazaar at lists.canonical.com>

>>> I meant the 2a format _after_ the merge.  That one was never seen in
>>> the 2.5 series, right?
>> It was, under the name "development-colo". There is no other difference
>> between that format and 2a as it exists in bzr.dev at the moment.
> Then what is the essence of "merging" it into 2a?
There are two classes, one for each format. The development-colo class
derives from the 2a class.

The "merging" involves moving the colocated-branch related functionality
into the 2a format class and getting rid of the development-colo format
(or leaving it there as a trivial stub with a different name, for
backwards compatibility).

Cheers,

Jelmer