2.4.0 Cygwin - exceptions.OverflowError: can't convert negative value delta.py line 127,

Mon Sep 26 19:40:15 UTC 2011

On 09/26/2011 06:40 PM, Martin Packman wrote:

>> For me, the problem is still there, at least when running /usr/bin/bzr.
>>  My locally compiled version works fine.
>>
>> Now that I think about it, could this somehow relate to Cython/Pyrex?
>> I have the latest python-pyrex package, but don't think I've got Cython
>> installed.
>
> Yes, this is likely some kind of difference between the cygwin
> packaging and your local compile, not a change in bzr. One using the
> extensions and one not would see this, do you a warning about not
> being able to load a compiled module in .bzr.log with either?

No warning, the extensions are used just fine.

> In any case, the fix for you is to find the problematic file and
> correct its metadata, but I'll resolve the root problem in the bzr
> development branch.

My backtrace with OverflowError ends like so.

 File "_dirstate_helpers_pyx.pyx", line 827, in
bzrlib._dirstate_helpers_pyx._pack_stat
(bzrlib/_dirstate_helpers_pyx.c:5547)
OverflowError: can't convert negative value to unsigned long

Note that it's reporting line 827, which in 2.4.0 says:

    aliased[3] = htonl(stat_value.st_dev)

Could this be the problem if dev_t is int?

Ron