Can't import qbzr?

Eli Zaretskii eliz at gnu.org
Tue May 31 09:13:45 UTC 2011

> From: vila <v.ladeuil+lp at free.fr>
> Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 10:44:02 +0200
> Cc: Bazaar <bazaar at lists.canonical.com>
>
>     > .bzr.log is intended mostly for developers, isn't it?
>
> The distinction in this specific case is hard to do, was Eli a user or a
> dev when it encountered the issue ?
>
>     > So curious users should tolerate some debug stuff there, shouldn't
>     > they?
>
> I think the idea here is that Eli was surprised to encounter the message
> so that's a reason to not output it for him.

Maybe I should explain.  I habitually look at my .bzr.log (in fact, I
have it loaded into my Emacs session at all times in auto-revert
mode), because experience taught me that I find many important clues
there.  If nothing else, I want to have an idea about the time taken
by various common commands.  Also, whenever I install a new plugin,
its logs will sometimes tell me important things like something's
missing or mis-configured.  Finally, it is a meticulously recorded
history of all the bzr commands I ever invoked, since the day I
installed the first version I used.  This history helped me many times
to recreate important events, compare what different versions did in
similar situations, find the reasons for snafus, compute statistics of
times taken by commands and the corresponding network traffic, etc.

In general, I think .bzr.log is a great tool, certainly not only for
developers.