Can't import qbzr?

vila v.ladeuil+lp at free.fr
Tue May 31 10:39:50 UTC 2011

    >> From: vila <v.ladeuil+lp at free.fr>
    >> Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 10:44:02 +0200
    >> Cc: Bazaar <bazaar at lists.canonical.com>
    >>
    >> > .bzr.log is intended mostly for developers, isn't it?
    >>
    >> The distinction in this specific case is hard to do, was Eli a user or a
    >> dev when it encountered the issue ?
    >>
    >> > So curious users should tolerate some debug stuff there, shouldn't
    >> > they?
    >>
    >> I think the idea here is that Eli was surprised to encounter the message
    >> so that's a reason to not output it for him.

    > Maybe I should explain.  I habitually look at my .bzr.log (in fact, I
    > have it loaded into my Emacs session at all times in auto-revert
    > mode),

Sounds like a useful trick, how do you do that ?

    > because experience taught me that I find many important clues
    > there.  If nothing else, I want to have an idea about the time
    > taken by various common commands.  Also, whenever I install a new
    > plugin, its logs will sometimes tell me important things like
    > something's missing or mis-configured.

Hehe, right, a powerful and helpful user able to do good bug reports
indeed !

    > Finally, it is a meticulously recorded history of all the bzr
    > commands I ever invoked, since the day I installed the first
    > version I used.

You know it's rotated above ~4MO right ? (Mentioning just in case you
rely on it being kept for ever).

<snip/>

    > In general, I think .bzr.log is a great tool, certainly not only
    > for developers.

Hmm, right. But actually it *is* targeted at devs, we put zero effort to
make it user-friendly, may be we should (or provide some command to
filter it a bit).

       Vincent