Windows file locking with bzr 2.2.3

W. Trevor King wking at drexel.edu
Thu Feb 24 22:23:01 UTC 2011

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 04:17:29PM -0600, John Arbash Meinel wrote:
> The only reason it wasn't working for 'cmd_add' was because you were
> specifying the location 2 times. One as a read source, and one as a
> write source.

Ah, so it's:

  1) I'm adding files from an explicit (external) repository (at
     `file_ids_from`), let's get a read lock there.
  2) I'm adding files to the current repository ('.'), let's get a
     write lock there. *crash*

If so, that's troublesome.  My intention in using `file_ids_from` was
to set the donor repository, not the acceptor.  I suppose that the
acceptor is assumed from the current working directory?  How would you
add a new file stored in repository B's directory while working from
repository A's directory?  Or do you need to explicitly change
directories before the call?

--
This email may be signed or encrypted with GPG (http://www.gnupg.org).
The GPG signature (if present) will be attached as 'signature.asc'.

My public key is at http://www.physics.drexel.edu/~wking/pubkey.txt