Restoring history of a "bzr remove"d file

Forest Bond forest at alittletooquiet.net
Sat Feb 5 19:12:35 UTC 2011

Hi Eli,

On Sat, Feb 05, 2011 at 05:23:06PM +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> So in a nutshell, you are saying that instead
>
>   bzr merge -r R1..R2
>   bzr revert <many files>
>
> it is easier to do
>
>   bzr merge -r R1..R2 old-path
>
> which will do the same for old-path/new-path problems, but save us the
> effort of reverting a long list of files that we have no reason to
> touch, is that right?

Yep, that sounds right.

The only caveat is that merge only allows one path to be specified, so if you
need to reverse changes to more than one file, you have to do it like this:

  bzr merge -r X..Y foo
  bzr merge --force -r X..Y bar
  bzr merge --force -r X..Y baz

You need to use --force because merge refuses to run without it if you have
changes in the working tree.

-Forest