FW: [Savannah-users] Help with installing loggerhead, the bzr web-based browser

Sylvain Beucler beuc at gnu.org
Mon Nov 15 19:15:33 GMT 2010

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 11:07:22AM +1100, Martin Pool wrote:
> On 14 November 2010 20:22, Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu.org> wrote:
> > GNU Savannah (http://savannah.gnu.org/) is looking for help: we'd
> > like to install loggerhead, the bzr equivalent to viewvc/gitweb/etc., but we
> > don't know this tool well.
> >
> > People at the last GNU get-together in Gothenburg reported this as
> > particularly needed.
> >
> > You can help in two ways:
> >
> > - - Offer to install and maintain loggerhead at Savannah
> >
> > - - Find somebody who would do it :)
>
> Hi, Sylvain,
>
> I have enough on my plate now that I don't want to take on a ongoing
> sysadmin job that I probably couldn't give enough attention to.  But
> if there are particular questions about loggerhead or particular bugs
> that are getting in the way, then I will try to fix them or find
> someone who can.

I am essentially in the same situation and I understand perfectly.

I think what would immediately help, is to get details on how existing
loggerhead (or equivalent) installs are setup.

For instance, it would be great if the person in charge of launchpad's
loggerhead could add a few details on the setup at this wiki page:
http://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/Bzr

It can be very basic information: what release/branch/package is used,
what patches, what helper scripts, what troubles (if there's any)?

> Eli also forwarded this to the bzr list and maybe there is someone
> there who would like to co-maintain Savannah?  I know some people
> asked in the past.  Maybe there can be cooperation between people more
> comfortable fixing bugs and those who want to maintain it.

Hopefully :)  Here we're looking for somebody able to install
loggerhead (or similar), and cope with related issues and support
requests.

Cheers!

--
Sylvain